I love Mediterranean food, Greek food in particular. Just about every other week I grill up some chicken breasts to use on salads or to throw together a quick lunch for J or myself. This is a quick Greek style marinade I came up with that can be used on just about any protein and uses ingredients that are generally always in the house, it’s nothing fancy, but that’s what I love about it!
*Money/Time Saving Tip: Combine meat and marinade ahead of time and freeze, when you are ready to grill simply refrigerator-thaw the night before! I like to do this when I find a family pack of chicken on sale.
- 1 lb. chicken (or other protein)
- 1/4 olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (or 2 cloves fresh garlic, in the interest of it being a “quick” marinade I usually opt for the powder)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl or freezer bag
2. add chicken or other protein and refrigerate 30 minutes or up to overnight (for fish or shrimp marinate only 30 mins).
3. When protein is finished marinating I throw it on the grill and voila, done! I usually cut up my favorite veggies and make a quick Greek salad, yum! This recipe is delicious and is FAST so it keeps my squishy baby happy, we even had time for him to take a selfie! 🙂