As I’ve mentioned before, I LOVE Mediterranean food. A few weeks ago while J was out of town, one of my favorite NC gals Kitty, was nice enough to come over and make dinner with me :). We both love to cook and blog, so I suggested we make something that we would be able to blog about later and she came up with the idea for Mediterranean turkey burgers which was perfect since it was beautiful out that day! I’m not usually a fan of turkey burgers but these came out AMAZING and I was so grateful to Kitty for introducing me to this recipe. Needless to say I was super excited to whip these up again, so last night when I was thinking about what to grill for dinner (it was going to be the only nice weather day on our long weekend, blah!), Kitty’s turkey burgers immediately came to mind! Not only are these burgers healthy but they are SUPER delicious and pack tons of flavor. Credit for this recipe of course goes to Kitty (hence the name of the recipe, lol), so be sure to follow her blog, Kitty’s Corner, she has lots of great recipe ideas and her blog is as awesome as she is! 🙂
KITTY’S MEDITERRANEAN TURKEY BURGERS
*this recipe makes 6 burgers, feel free to double or triple for more!
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 of a red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup chick peas (about 3/4 of a can)
- 1/2 cup corn (about 1/2 can)
- 3 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Heat grill or grill pan.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix by hand to incorporate all ingredients.
- Form your burgers. This recipe makes 6 standard size burgers but could also make 12 slider sized burgers or 4 extra large burgers.
- Brush both sides of your burgers with olive oil and place on grill.
- Grill to required temp for poultry, mine took about 8 mins per side.
- Enjoy! I served mine up on a whole wheat bun with spinach, tomatoes and lemon dill sauce (recipe below). These are also a great low-carb lunch sans bun!
LEMON DILL SAUCE
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients in a small dish and mix to combine.
- Refrigerate for 10-15 mins before serving to allow flavors to develop.
- Enjoy! This sauce is great with an Greek inspired dish as it is a quick alternative to tzatziki sauce!
Pingback: Greek Sliders | simplyschulze
Pingback: Inside-Out Jalapeno Popper Burgers | simplyschulze